Saturday, July 12, 2008

Japan - Hiroshima & Mihara

After our Taiwan visit, we flew to Hiroshima for a Mitsubishi Machine exhibition. I was so excited since I have never been to Hiroshima before. The thing is, Hiroshima airport is located somewhere in Higashi Hiroshima, with Hiroshima city on the west and Mihara on the east. In other words, the airport is located somewhere in the middle and it takes around 1-hour bus trip to go to either side. I wanted to stay in the city but Mitsubishi booked us in Hiroshima Airport Hotel.

It is the nearest hotel to the airport that I know of. Only across the street from airport. I went to the airport many times because the only konbini around there is at the airport. But it's actually a pretty good hotel, and the with good engineer the hotel is very very soundproof. I can see the airport from my room (picture below) but I can't hear anything from outside. And Steve package was already waiting for me at the reception...I'll take pictures of the package later...thanks braddah!

Hashizune-san from Daiei Tokyo picked us up at the airport and he took us to the city in the morning. We just spent our time in Hon Dori, the shopping street in Hiroshima. I couldn't take pictures because we were busy walking around looking for omiyage. And we didn't have the chance to go anywhere else since we only had so little time. Then we took the shinkansen to go to Mihara for the exhibition in the factory, which is really really big.

That night, Hashizune-san together with Maruoka-san and Takakuwa-san entertained us with a fine Japanese dining. It was fun because they can speak a little Indonesian and when the sake kicked in, it was pretty loud and fun. We almost had an accident with the fish tempura dish (I think it's called Kizu tempura). Maruoka-san said they always serve fish fresh and we can eat everything of it. And you can see what happened in the picture below. He's lucky that he didn't swallow that thing. As usual in Japan, the manager came and apologized many many times. And we stopped eating the head.

It was very fun and I hope I can go to Hiroshima for vacation next time.



















2 comments:

Steve said...

wow fish hook~. I've never seen that in a Japanese restaurant or anywhere before. Do you know why they left it in the head?

Robert said...

it just got stuck inside the head. we can't see it from the outside. it's just good that the guy didn't swallow it.